Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm new to the internet.

I'm being forced under duress to create this blog. I suppose I'll make it about myself, my family and my love of cars... or something. I'm twenty eight years old, I have a beautiful wife and four awesome kids. Morgan, my oldest daughter just turned 10 in May and lives in Wyoming. Noah will be 7 in September, Trevor will be 5 in November and Penny will be 3 in October. In just over a week they will all be sealed to me for all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple. It's been a long time coming, but I'm ready.

For some reason I can't get enough of cars, and consider myself an automotive fan. I can see beauty and potential in almost any car design (with a few exceptions like the Pontiac Aztec) and I enjoy driving cars as much as I do looking at them. More so I guess.

I have 4 cars at the moment, a 1995 Honda Civic hatch that got smashed and is being parted out, a 1994 Geo Metro that only has 3 cylinders and does real good on gas, a 2002 Ford Windstar (awesome kids) and then my other Honda, a 1992 Civic hatch with a JDM GSR motor. The motor is mated to a JDM B16 LSD tranny for a quick shifting 6 speed feel with only five gears. So on the freeway 80 mph = 4750 rpm. The thing is light and has a 'few' less creature comforts than most cars on the road. Stock the trim of civic I have has no power steering, windows, door locks or mirrors. It didn't come with air conditioning either. To add (or subtract) from that the heater has been removed, the rear seats have been removed, there is no sound deadening, no radio and no driver's side airbag. This car is my toy and I will use it the same way I used my Teal 95 hatch, at the auto-cross and at the track.

So family, church, work, school and cars. That's what I do.

3 comments:

- said...

Hey man, good to see you. I look forward to keeping up with you on the nets.

Dustin Jensen said...

I just hope you don't use your new car like you used your Mustang when we were in high school.

Zak said...

no, there aren't enough seats. =)